Broccoli, cheddar and chicken meatloaf
Baking — 40 minutes
Preparation — 20 minutes
Servings — 4
- 650g of brown chicken meat, cooked and minced
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 50g of celery, diced
- 50g of onion, diced
- 2 green shallots
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 35g of unsalted butter
- 35g of all-purpose flour
- 500 ml of milk
- 10g of chicken base
- 250g of broccoli
- 70g of shredded yellow cheddar
- In frying pan, sweat the shallot an celery. Allow to cool. In a bowl, mix chicken, shallot, celery, egg, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and immediately add flour to make a white roux. Add milk and chicken base while whisking. Whisk and cook until the liquid is thick. Set aside.
- In a suitable dish, spread the chicken stuffing. Pour the cooled béchamel on it. Add broccoli and sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 400F for 40 minutes. Remove the aluminium foil and bake for a few more minutes, until the cheese is golden.