Classic Potato Purée
Baking — 15 minutes
Preparation — 15 minutes
Servings — 4
- 5 cups of peeled and cubed potatoes (about 6 or 7 potatoes)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1/3 cup of milk
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the potato cubes in salted water for about 15 minutes or when the tip of a knife slips freely into the potato.
- Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes, garlic and butter. Add the milk and continue to mash. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- For a smoother purée, it is also possible to use an electric mixer to mash the potatoes.
- Feel free to add fresh herbs such as chives or parsley to your purée for more flavor and color.