Eggs Benedict with Dalisa ham and maple sausage
Baking — 20 minutes
Preparation — 15 minutes
Servings — 4
- 8 Dalisa ham and maple sausages
- 8 poached eggs
- 4 english muffins
- 8 slices of Swiss cheese
- 2 cups of hollandaise sauce from the supermarket or from the recipe below
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of white wine
- 1 tablespoon of cold water
- 3/4 of a pound of melted unsalted butter
- Remove the casing from the sausage to make round patties with the flesh. Cook and reserve.
- Cook the eggs two by two for 3 minutes in a small saucepan of water with 60 ml of white vinegar, once cooked take out of water and reserve on paper towels.
- In a bain-marie bowl, whisk energetically the egg yolks, lemon juice, water and white wine until the yolk triple in volume and get very thick with a creamy texture. It can easily take 5 minutes, do not be discouraged.
- Tip: Be careful that the water of the bain marie does not boil too hard. Do not hesitate to remove and replace the water bath alternately when you whisk, otherwise the yolks will brown and the sauce will fail.
- Once foamy, drizzle the melted butter and keep whisking constantly.
- Rectify with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- On each grilled English muffin, place slices of Swiss cheese, sausage, poached egg and top with Hollandaise sauce. Serve.