Marinated beef tournedos with basil and pepper, side of couscous
Baking — 20 minutes
Preparation — 20 minutes
Servings — 4
- 4 Dalisa beef tournedos
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup of red wine
- 1/3 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 minced green onions
- 1 cup of medium couscous
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 bell pepper of your choice
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/3 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- Place the tournedos in a covered dish or Ziploc bag.
- In a bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients. Pour this mixture onto the meat and close the bag or cover the dish.
- Marinate in the refrigerator 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the barbecue to high.
- Drain the meat and sear on a very hot barbecue grill.
- Reduce to medium heat and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- In a pot, fry the vegetables in a bit of oil. Add the chicken broth to vegetables and bring to a boil. Add the couscous. Stir, then cover.
- Remove the pot from the burner. Let stand covered 5 minutes.
- Add fresh parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place the tournedos on a plate, serve with the couscous salad and seasonal vegetables.