Nachos with Dalisa Mexican sausage
Baking — 20 minutes
Preparation — 15 minutes
Servings — 5
- 1 bag of nachos
- 2 packs of Dalisa Mexican sausages
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
- Chillies, fresh or marinated (to taste)
- 1 chopped green shallot
- 1 liter of 2% milk
- 70 g of all-purpose flour
- 70 g of butter
- 250 g of strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 egg yolks
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Take the first package of sausages and remove the skin on each sausage with a knife. Cook the sausage flesh in the pan.
- While cooking, make sure to separate the sausages with a spoon to give them a cooked minced meat look. Set aside.
- On a baking sheet, spread the second package of chicken sausages. Put in the oven at 400 F until it's cooked and colored. Leave to cool and slice the sausages. Set aside.
- To make the béchamel sauce, melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and mix well until it creates a paste. Add milk and mix well, don't stop until everything is smooth. Add cayenne pepper and nutmeg.
- Add the grated cheddar to your béchamel and mix well. Remove your béchamel sauce from the heat.
- Add the egg yolks, make sure that the sauce is not on the oven anymore, otherwise the egg yolks will cook and you will not get the desired creaminess. Season with salt, cayenne pepper and nutmeg.
- Prepare the nachos your favorite way with pepper, shallots, chillies, your Mornay sauce, cooked sausage meat and sausages slices.
- Bake in the oven until the Mornay sauce is well-colored. Serve and enjoy!