Baking — 20 minutes
Preparation — 25 minutes
Servings — 20
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 1 cup and 1/3 of water (or more if needed)
- 500g of Dalisa Mexican Sausages
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 tbsp of fresh ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- A handful of fresh coriander
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- Mix together the flour and water in a bowl or in a mixer with a dough blade. Knead the dough well until it's firm and flexible. Cover and let rest for 1 hour.
- Dust working board with dry flour. Roll the dough and form circles of about 6 to 10 cm.
- Cook the Dalisa sausage according to the method prescribed on the packaging. Let cool and chop finely.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the stuffing.
- Place a teaspoon of filling in the middle of your previously cut dough circles.
- Using your finger, lightly wet the outer rim with water. Pinch the top of the momo, to pleat and tighten as you close so it looks like a little pouch.
- Oil the momos and steam them for about 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your dough. Avoid sticking them together when cooking.
- Serve with compote or chutney for a mouthful full of flavour.