Red-wine deglazed Dalisa beef tournedos and side of Brussels sprouts with bacon
Baking — 30 minutes
Preparation — 30 minutes
Servings — 4
- 4 Dalisa beef tournedos
- 80 ml of red wine
- 2 small shallots
- 800 g of Brussels sprouts
- 8 slices of bacon
- Knob of butter
- In a very hot pan, sear the tournedos in a knob of melted butter. Continue cooking in a preheated oven at 350° until desired doneness (approximately 10 minutes for medium).
- Brown the chopped shallots in the same pan on low heat until coloured, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the red wine and reduce by 2/3.
- Add a few knobs of butter in order to bind the sauce. Keep warm.
- Remove the outer Brussels sprout leaves and score a cross on each bottom.
- Blanch the sprouts in salted boiling water for 7 to 8 minutes. Drain. Slice the Brussel sprouts.
- In another pan, cook the bacon for 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat, until slightly browned.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan with the bacon and cook for no longer than 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lay the tournedos on a plate and pour the red wine sauce on top of them. Place Brussels sprouts on the side. Enjoy.