Slow cooker Corn and Sausage soup
Baking — 6 hours
Preparation — 10 minutes
Servings — 8
- 2 packages (900g) of Dalisa bacon & cheddar sausages, sliced
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 3 cups of corn (frozen or fresh)
- 3 celery stalk, diced
- 1 large oignon, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp of garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp of onion salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup or sour cream
- Fresh parsley to garnish
For a 5qt slow cooker
- In the slow cooker, add potatoes, sausages, broth, corn, celery, onion, garlic, salts and pepper. Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and milk. Add the mix in the slow cooker after 6 hours of cooking. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add grated cheese and sour cream. Mix well and let cheese melt.
- Serve with fresh parsley.