Beef tournedos, Migneron cheese and fall vegetables
Baking — 60 minutes
Preparation — 30 minutes
Servings — 4
Dalisa beef tournedos
of Migneron cheese from Charlevoix, sliced in 4
of dry white wine
of chicken broth
of turnip, diced
of carrot, diced
of olive oil
of red wine vinegar
- Place the rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (400 ° F).
- In a large ovenproof nonstick skillet, colour the vegetables in the oil. Bake for about 35 minutes or until vegetables are well roasted, stirring a few times during cooking.
- Add the raisins and vinegar, and mix well. Continue cooking for about 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Place the rack in the top of the oven. Preheat the oven to grill (broil).
- In the meantime, in a large skillet, brown the meat on each side in half of the butter or until the meat is a little more rare than desired. Place on a baking sheet. Garnish with cheese and reserve.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine. Add the broth and reduce by half.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. Pour water into the sauce and bring to a boil while stirring. Stir in the rest of the butter. Adjust seasoning.
- Place the tournedos in the oven and melt the cheese. Serve with vegetables and the sauce.