Chorizo and coq au porc stew
Baking — 2 hours and 30 minutes
Preparation — 30
Servings — 6
1 package (450 g)
Dalisa chorizo sausages
Dalisa coq au porc (chicken and pork) medallions
large yellow potatoes
2 l (8 cups)
cloves garlic, minced
15 ml (1 tbsp.)
125 ml (½ cup)
red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
baguette for serving
- Over high heat, heat a little bit of oil in a large saucepan and brown coq au porc medallions. Once browned, set aside.
- In the same pot, brown chopped chorizo sausages.
- Cut peppers into strips and add to pot. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add bay leaves, paprika and garlic.
- Deglaze with red wine vinegar.
- Add crushed tomatoes and about ¼ cup of water. Stir to combine.
- Place coq au porc medallions on top and pour in chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- Add peeled, diced potatoes.
- Simmer uncovered for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Serve with a piece of bread.