Honey and Montreal Seasoning Beef Tournedos
Baking — 20 minutes
Preparation — 20 minutes
Servings — 4
- 4 Canada AAA Beef tournedos
- 250 ml of blond beer
- 2 tbsp of Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of old style mustard
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Spinach, strawberry and pecan salad
- 1 cup of pecans
- 5 tsp of maple syrup
- A pinch of Espelette pepper
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of French shallot
- 1/2 tsp of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp of old style mustard
- 3 tbsp of Sherry vinegar
- 6 tbsp of grape seed oil
- 1 tsp of fresh tarragon, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 5 cups of baby spinach
- 1 cup of minced strawberry
Beef - Marinade and cooking instructions
- In a high-sided dish, mix beer with half of the steak seasoning, Dijon mustard, honey, onion and garlic.
- Add the beef tournedos and coat them with marinade. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
- At the time of cooking, preheat the barbecue to medium high.
- On the hot and oiled barbecue grill, place the tournedos. Close the lid and cook the tournedos for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for rare cooking.
- In a hot skillet, pour pecans and maple syrup. Add salt and Espelette pepper.
- Stir continuously until the syrup begins to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool.
- Mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, strawberries, pecans and dressing.
- In a plate, serve beef tournedos and salad. Season Montreal steak spices all over the plate and enjoy!