Ikea Style Swedish Meatballs
Baking — 20
Preparation — 10
Servings — 6
Dalisa Oktoberfest sausages (375g each)
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove the casings from the sausages and shape the meat into equal portions to form balls.
- In a large pot, preheat olive oil over medium heat. Place the meatballs in the pot and brown them on all sides. Once they're browned, remove the balls to a plate. It's normal for the centers of the balls to not be fully cooked at this stage.
- Use the same pot to melt the butter, then incorporate the flour while constantly whisking, letting it cook for a few moments to eliminate the taste of raw flour.
- Gradually add the chicken broth while seasoning generously.
- Add the Dijon mustard, honey, and Worcestershire sauce to the mixture, followed by the cream. Make sure to mix everything well to obtain a homogeneous sauce.
- Carefully place the meatballs back into the sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes, until the sauce reaches a thicker and creamier consistency.
- Serve the meatballs with their flavorful sauce, accompanied by creamy mashed potatoes and a vegetable of your choice.