Beer and sausages soup
Baking — 30 minutes
Preparation — 20 minutes
Servings — 4
- 4 Dalisa Bacon & Cheddar sausages
- 2 carrots in dice
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of dry mustard
- 1 cup of beer
- 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup of 15% cream
- 3 cups of orange cheddar cheese (approx. 300g)
- 8 bacon slices, cooked
- Boil the sausages and cut into slices.
- In a saucepan, soften the vegetables in butter for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sausages and cook for another 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle flour and mustard while stirring. Continue cooking for one minute. Add beer, bring to a boil while stirring.
- Add broth and cream. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Over low heat, using a whisk or a wooden spoon, add the cheese gradually, stirring and allowing it to melt between each addition to prevent the mixture from dissolving. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve with crumbs of bacon and croutons.