Coq au porc and cider
Baking — 30 minutes
Preparation — 20 minutes
Servings — 4
- 4 coqs au porc Dalisa
- 25 ml of Quebec ice cider
- 80 ml of Calvados or Brandy
- 8 plums, pitted and quartered
- 1 bouquet garni
- 15 ml of canola oil
- 15 ml of butter
- 15 ml of olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and brown the coq au porc on all sides.
- Season and put in an ovenproof dish. Set aside.
- In the same pan, mix butter and oil. Colour the onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes over low heat.
- Add the fruits and cook for 1 minute.
- Deglaze with cider and alcohol; bring to a boil.
- Cover the coq au porc with this mixture and add the bouquet garni. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Correct the seasoning and top with sauce. Serve with vegetables.