General Tao Sausages
Baking — 25 minutes
Preparation — 25 minutes
Servings — 6
- 2 packages of Dalisa Tapas sausages (Mild Italian)
- 6 tbsp of soy sauce
- 6 tbsp of chicken broth
- 6 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp of fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 tsp of cornstarch
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 2 tsp of sambal oelek
- 1 tsp of toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 tbsp of water
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- Green onion
- Sesame seeds
- Bok choy
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, chicken broth, rice vinegar, cornstarch, paprika, sambal oelek and sesame oil.
- In a saucepan, mix sugar and water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let caramelized for about 5 minutes. Add soy preparation, bring to a boil while whisking constantly. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add oil, garlic, ginger and bell pepper and cook for about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the sausages for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sauce and peppers in the skillet and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Chop the bok choy and sautéed in sesame oil in a small skillet.
- Serve General Tao with sautéed bok choy, green onion and sesame seeds.