Grilled Sandwiches with Sausage and Sauerkraut
Baking — 40 minutes
Preparation — 20 minutes
Servings — 4
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 Savoy cabbage
- 1 tsp of caraway seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 125 ml of light beer
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of cider vinegar
- 4 Dalisa sausages of your choice
- 4 flat sandwich breads
- 4 to 8 slices of pickle
- 4 to 8 pieces of roasted pepper
- Mustard to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cabbage, caraway seeds, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage has softened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the apple and cook for 1 or 2 minutes. Add mustard, honey, beer, broth and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir occasionally until all the liquid has evaporated, from 10 to 15 minutes.
- Taste and rectify seasoning as needed.
- Preheat the barbecue at high intensity.
- Reduce the intensity to medium. Grill sausages, turning them occasionally, until browned on all sides and cooked inside, about 15 minutes.
- On each flat bread, add mustard, a sausage, a generous amount of sauerkraut, pickles and roasted peppers.