Hot Italian sausage and broccoli pasta
Baking — 20
Preparation — 20
Servings — 4
package (450 g) Dalisa Hot Italian sausages
broccoli heads (about 4 bunches)
cooked fusilli pasta
tablespoon olive oil
garlic cloves, minced
hot peppers pickled in oil, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
grated Parmigiano Reggiano (or more!)
Fresh basil (optional)
- Remove the sausages from the casings. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over high heat. Brown the sausage meat for 5 minutes, breaking it up with a spoon and stirring often.
- In a pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook until very tender. Set aside in a bowl.
- Using a potato masher, mash the broccoli until a puree is obtained.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat and sauté the garlic and hot peppers for a few minutes, without letting them burn.
- Stir in the broccoli mixture and sausage meat. Season with salt and pepper to adjust the seasoning if necessary. Add the pasta and mix.
- Sprinkle generously with Parmesan and fresh basil.