Paella with Dalisa Sausages and Clams
Baking — 60 minutes
Preparation — 30 minutes
Servings — 6
- 6 Dalisa Chorizo sausages
- 1 can of baby clams (keeping their juice)
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 1/2 teaspoon or ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of saffron
- 1 teaspoon of herbes de Provence
- 2 cups of Arborio rice
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup of roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 cup of small peas
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 lemons
- Fresh parsley, for presentation
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Cook the sausages in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain water and let cool. Carefully remove the skin of the sausage. Slice sausages.
- Preheat the oven to 400. In a paella pan, heat the olive oil. Add onion, garlic and sausage pieces. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring. Add spices and rice. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except for parsley. Pour some lemon juice over the paella and transfer in the oven, on the lower shelf. Let cook for 40 minutes or until the liquid is completely evaporated and the rice is tender.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve with lemon slices and fresh parsley.