Pea soup with Dalisa sausage
Baking — 60
Preparation — 15
Servings — 4
Dalisa ham and maple sausages
60 ml (¼ cup)
250 ml (1 cup)
1 l (4 cups)
30 ml (2 tbsp.)
250–500 ml (1–2 cups)
Salt and pepper
- Peel and dice carrots into medium-sized pieces.
- Finely chop onion and mince garlic.
- Remove and dispose of sausage casing.
- In a skillet over high heat, heat oil and brown sausage meat.
- Add bacon.
- Once sausage meat and bacon brown, add vegetables, salt to taste and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add split peas, bay leaf, maple syrup, chicken broth and 1 cup of water. Loosen cooking juices with a wooden spoon.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 60 minutes.
- Add water as needed to adjust to desired consistency.