Baking — 45 minutes
Preparation — 15 minutes
Servings — 4
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 package (450 g) of Dalisa Italian sausages (hot or mild)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup of grated Italian blend cheese
- 3 cups of tomato sauce (pasta sauce type)
- 1/2 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise. Remove the flesh from each zucchini with a spoon. Make sure you keep your zucchini 1/4 inch thick otherwise it might split. Chop the zucchini flesh removed then set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Cook the sausage meat for about 5 minutes. Remove the fat then add the garlic and the chopped zucchini flesh. Cook another 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked sausage mix, half the grated cheese, 1/4 cup tomato sauce and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place the zucchini in an ovenproof dish. Stuff the 8 zucchini halves with the sausage preparation and pour the rest of the tomato sauce in the dish and a little over the zucchini.
- Put in the oven for 30 minutes. Add the rest of the grated cheese and cook for another 5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt
- Serve with rice or pasta.